Yoshi Togarashi Risotto
The best of two worlds in a bowl. A creamy risotto with the Japanese flavours of ginger, seaweed, tangerine peel and black sesame seeds.
Servings: 4 (hover over the number to adjust)
- Bring the liquid to a simmer in a pot.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and 2 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir for 2 to 3 minutes to coat with fat and heat through.
- Add the white wine and cook briskly, stirring, until it's mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the simmering water or broth 2 ladles at a time. Stir until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to cook, adding liquid and stirring for 20 minutes or until the risotto is creamy and the rice is al dente.
- When done, beat in the remaining butter and season to taste.
- Serve immediately garnished with shrimp, chives and sea salt.