Warm Beluga Lentil and Sweet Potato Salad
Sweet potato and black beluga lentils make a gorgeous composed salad that's perfect on its own for lunch or as a side for grilled chicken or barbecue ribs.
Cuisine: North American
Servings: 8 (hover over the number to adjust)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cut into small dice
- 1 cup organic beluga lentils
- 1 Tbsp herb de Provence
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted and chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- Goat cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and saute until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, lentils, and herbs de Provence and cook for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and simmer the lentils for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn into a bowl and add the cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and parsley. Toss with the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with crumbled goat cheese.