- Rinse the Japgok-Bap Classic Medley under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it.
- Put the rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the butternut squash, green beans, tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, partially cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve the vegetable stew on a bed of the cooked grains.
Vegetable and Grain Stew Recipe
A quick and easy vegan weeknight meal made with grains like jasmine and black rice, split peas and millet. Substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand.
Servings: 6 (hover over the number to adjust)