Truffle Rosemary Sorghum Risotto
1 hr 10 mins
Spring vegetables, sorghum and truffle oil make this a spectacular risotto. Sorghum is an excellent gluten-free substitute for Israeli couscous.
Servings: 4 (hover over the number to adjust)
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. When hot, add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add sorghum and garlic and cook for a few minutes longer to bring out the nuttiness of the grain.
- Add white wine and cook for a few seconds before adding the stock and rosemary.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 45 to 60 minutes, adding water if needed.
- Five minutes before the sorghum is cooked, add the truffle oil, asparagus, mushrooms, remaining 2 Tbsp butter and season.
- Serve garnished with a sprig of rosemary and more truffle oil.