Six Grain Salad
Antipasto vegetables, walnuts and goat cheese dress up this wholesome, easy to prepare, rice salad.
Author: Chef Suman Roy
Recipe type: Salad
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, and add the onions, carrots and celery and saute till soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, Cajun seasoning and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Turn the rice out into a large bowl, fluffing with a fork. Let it cool.
- Toss with antipasto, chopped walnuts and season.
- Serve garnished with goat cheese.
Qualifirst's COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking. Taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavor balance, is one of her favorite pastimes.