Sift together all the ingredients and store in a container.
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter and shortening.
- Whisk together the cream and egg and add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1 cup of bacon and 1/4 cup maple sugar.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll the dough into a 2" thick rectangle. Cut out the biscuits using a round cutter.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the remaining bacon and maple sugar on top.
- Bake the scones for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.