Fennel-Lavender Knight Rice
1 hr 5 mins
Fennel seed and lavender are aromatic additions to this gorgeous rice. Knight rice is sometimes called purple rice for the colour it turns after cooking.
Servings: 4 (hover over the number to adjust)
- Rinse the Knight rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Put the rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 35 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion and mushrooms and cook until they begin to caramelise.
- Grind the fennel seed and lavender together in a spice grinder. Add it to the onions and mushrooms and toss with the rice.
- Garnish with green onion and serve.