David’s Peri Peri Sauce
The heat gets turned up when you add David’s Peri Peri Rub to this sauce made with charcoal-grilled vegetables. The flavours pair perfectly with roast chicken or grilled meat.
Servings: 1 3/4 cups (hover over the number to adjust)
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved, seeded and char-grilled
- 1 large red onion, quartered and char-grilled
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp David’s Peri Peri Rub
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup David’s organic extra virgin olive oil
- Put peppers and onions in a food processor and puree.
- Add garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, zest of 1 lemon, oregano, pepper and David’s Peri Peri Rub and process.
- Transfer the sauce to a medium saucepan and add the bay leaf.
- Simmer, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and cool the sauce.
- Return to the food processor and add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, and zest of 1 lemon and puree.
Slowly add the olive oil to emulsify.
- Serve with roast chicken, kebabs, grilled meat or fish.