Coconut flour is a gluten-free flour made from ground coconut meat. A grain-free, low-carb flour, containing more fiber than any other flour available, it is relatively high in protein.
Coconut flour adds a natural sweetness and unique flavor whenever used.
Is Coconut Flour the Best Gluten-Free Flour to Use?
If in need of gluten-free muffins, cake, bread or any other gluten-free baked good, then it is a great choice. Every flour has its own unique characteristics, and coconut flour offers wonderful flavor, health benefits and of course no glutens.
What Are the Benefits of Coconut Flour?
- A gluten-free, grain-free, tasty and healthy alternative to wheat and other gluten-free flours.
- A healthy and filling alternative high in dietary fiber, protein and healthy fats.
- A lauric acid (healthy saturated fat) containing flour, promoting healthy skin.
- A fantastic source of manganese, helping the body better process many nutrients, and supporting bone health.
How to Use Coconut Flour?
Coconut flour excels as a gluten-free substitute for wheat flour in baking. It also provides delicious results when used as a coating for pan frying or sautéing. It thickens sauces and gravy easily as well.
When using coconut flour, keep these tips in mind:
- Use it to replace wheat flour, making virtually any recipe gluten free. Due to coconut flour’s heavier composition, considerable adjustments must be made. Use roughly 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of coconut flour per 1 cup of wheat flour or other grain flour called for in the recipe.
- Extremely absorbent, use extra eggs and/or liquid. Choosing recipes made specifically with coconut flour cuts down considerably on experimentation.
- When pan-frying, use coconut flour for coating just like wheat flour, without any modification.
- Because of its clumping tendency, add a little extra blending or whisking time to ensure a smooth consistency.
- To achieve extra moisture and infuse even more flavour, incorporate pureed fruits and/or vegetables into recipes when using coconut flour.
- When thickening sauces, stews and gravy, make a slurry of the coconut flour with water, similar to corn starch.
Coconut Flour Recipes
Want to experience the unique gluten-free taste of this flour? Try these great tasting recipes:
- Peanut Butter ‘Cake’ Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Coconut Flour Cookies
- Chocolate Coconut Flour Cake with Chocolate Mousse Frosting
Where Can I Buy Coconut Flour?
Buy Coconut Flour online at Qualifirst Foods. Qualifirst Foods offers a superior organic coconut flour that is perfect for gluten-free recipes and low-carb diets. It is delicious, nutritious, versatile and ready for delivery.