Cilantro-Lime Sushi Rice
Fresh cilantro and lime brighten the flavour of this rice. It's perfect served with grilled salmon or unagi, Japanese barbequed eel.
Servings: 4 (hover over the number to adjust)
- Rinse the rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the rice, add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes, covered.
- Toss the rice with most of the cilantro and lime zest, and lime juice.
- Garnish with the remaining cilantro and zest and serve.