Buttery Maple-Pecan Granola
It's time to ditch store-bought granola for this sweet, salty, buttery, nutty granola perfection.
Servings: 16 - 20 (hover over the number to adjust)
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut ribbons
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup acacia honey
- 1/4 cup chestnut honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple flavour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan combine the maple sugar, butter, acacia honey, chestnut honey, and coconut oil. Cook over medium heat until the butter has melted and it's hot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and maple flavour.
- Combine with the dry ingredients and kosher salt.
- Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Create a custom granola blend by substituting your favourite nuts and seeds and adding dried fruit.