Black Barley Beef Soup
1 hr 20 mins
A hearty and wholesome beef soup finished with a hint of balsamic vinegar. Ultrasperse 3 gives the soup an appealing velvety texture and sheen.
Servings: 8 (hover over the number to adjust)
- 1 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 cups diced stewing beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic. finely chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ¾ cup black barley, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp beef base
- 10 cups water
- 2 tsp ultrasperse 3
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the beef and onion and sauté until the beef is seared.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic, rosemary, cajun seasoning, black barley and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and beef base and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cold water and ultrasperse 3 and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the beef and barley are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.