Yoshi Togarashi Risott
Author: Nicole MacVicar
Recipe type: Main
- Bring the broth or water to a simmer in a pot.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and 2 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir for 2 to 3 minutes to coat with fat and heat through.
- Add the white wine and cook briskly, stirring, until it's mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the simmering water or broth 2 ladles at a time. Stir until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to cook, adding liquid and stirring for 20 minutes or until the risotto is creamy and the rice is al dente.
- When done, beat in the remaining butter and season to taste.
- Serve immediately garnished with shrimp, chives and 24K salt.
Qualifirst's COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking. Taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavor balance, is one of her favorite pastimes.