Quinoa Chia Veggie Burger
At last, veggie burgers that don’t fall apart. A combo of superfoods—quinoa & chia are packed into each patty. You can make extra and freeze them individually for those nights when you need a quick meal.
Author: Leeanne Wright
Recipe type: Main
- Heat 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil in non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot add onion and mushrooms and saute until all the mushroom juices have evaporated. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor, add the lentils and process.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add quinoa, chia, eggs, carrots and 1⁄2 cup panko.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions for burgers or 12 portions for sliders
- Coat with panko, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, fry about 5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy.
Serve on split toasted buns with smoked applewood cheddar, tzatziki, sliced tomatoes, spring mix, or your favourite toppings.
Qualifirst's COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking. Taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavor balance, is one of her favorite pastimes.