ChickPea Croutons ∼ Deliciously Healthy ∼
Twice roasted chickpeas make a great crouton replacement on salads or as a snack.
Author: Nicole MacVicar
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: ∼ 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare your spice seasoning blend by mixing the cumin, paprika, cayenne and sea salt in a small dish.
- In a medium bowl toss the drained & rinsed chickpeas with the melted coconut oil and half of the spice mixture. Spread on the lined cookie sheet and squeeze ½ of the lime and ½ of the lemon over the beans.
- Roast for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven for 10 minutes to cool them down, then place them back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes until crunchy.
- Remove from the oven when crunchy and toss them in the paper bag with the remaining spice mixture and a few extra squeezes of lemon juice.
- Cool and store in a tightly sealed jar.
Qualifirst's COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking. Taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavor balance, is one of her favorite pastimes.