Carrot and Coriander Jade Rice
A short grain rice dyed green with bamboo juice that has a mild green tea taste and aroma. The flavour of fresh herbs in this dish is perfect with roast chicken or skewers of grilled shrimp.
Author: Jodi MacKinnon
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 cups Jade rice
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup cooking onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 3 Tbsp coriander powder
- ½ cup basil chiffonade
- Rinse the Jade rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. When hot add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the rice, add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Toss the rice with carrot, coriander powder, and half of the basil.
- Garnish with the remaining basil and serve.
Qualifirst's COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking. Taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavor balance, is one of her favorite pastimes.