BUTTERY MAPLE-PECAN GRANOLA
It’s time to ditch that store bought granola. this granola is sweet salty buttery nutty perfection. MmMMmmm. we warned you.
Author: Nicole MacVicar
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 10 Cups
- 5 cups: Old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup: Coconut chips
- ½ cup: Almonds, sliced
- ½ cup: Pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup: Maple sugar
- ⅓ cup: Unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup: Sunflower seeds, roasted
- ⅓ cup: Pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup: Acacia honey
- ¼ cup: Chestnut honey
- ¼ cup: Coconut oil
- 2 tsp: Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp: Maple extract
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Fleur de sel, to taste
- Preheat oven to 275°F and line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, coconut chips, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds,
- pumpkin seeds and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl, mix together. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pot over low-medium heat combine the maple sugar, acacia honey, chestnut honey, coconut oil and butter cook until the sugar is dissolved, and ingredients are well combined. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the vanilla and maple extracts.
- Pour sugar mixture over the bowl of dry ingredients, stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel, stir.
- Spread the mixture onto your lined baking sheet, depending on the size of the pan you may need to use more than one.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and only 1 pan at a time to ensure proper heat distribution. Allow to cool completely before breaking apart into smaller clusters or separating completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Feel free to substitute your favourite nuts and seeds, even dried fruits to create your own custom granola blend.
Qualifirst's COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking. Taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavor balance, is one of her favorite pastimes.
Latest posts by Jodi MacKinnon (see all)
- Spiced Apple Cider - October 20, 2017
- Smoked Paprika Burgers with Beet Relish - October 2, 2017
- Squid Ink Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Dinosaur Kale - September 25, 2017