Apple-Maple Granola Crisp
A cold weather, crowd-pleasing dessert made with crisp apples sweetened with maple sugar and topped with a granola crumble. The fruity mango vinegar adds a citrus note and incredible flavour.
Author: Jodi MacKinnon
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3½ lbs Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup maple sugar
- 1½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Granola Crisp Topping
- 2 cups granola
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, garnish
- Mango vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss the apple filling ingredients together and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the granola, flour and maple sugar. Cut the cold butter into the granola mixture.
- Cover the apple filling with the granola crumble.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the apples are tender.
- Let the crisp rest for 30 minutes out of the oven.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of mango vinegar.
Qualifirst's COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking. Taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavor balance, is one of her favorite pastimes.